I first saw this on Mel and Her Books and decided to give it a go!
1. Adaption Snob: Do you always read the book before you see the movie?
I definitely try to. I have a post coming soon actually about films or tv shows I won’t watch until I’ve read the book. I also have a post discussing what books I read becuase I wanted to watch the film and then never got round to watching the film!
2. Format Snob: You can only choose 1 format in which to read books for the rest of your life. Which one do you choose: physical books, ebooks, or audiobooks?
Right now, I would pick audiobooks. I’ve found audiobooks to be so helpful to me at this point in my life. I think they are the only thing keeping me out of a reading slump. I’m finding it hard to concentrate on physical books right now, so I tend to listen to audiobooks while doing something else such as scrapbooking or colouring.
3. Ship Snob: Would you date or marry a non-reader?
4. Genre Snob: You have to ditch one genre – never to be read again for the rest of your life. Which one do you ditch?
Sci-fi – don’t really care for them.
5. Uber Genre Snob: You can only choose to read from one genre for the rest of your life. Which genre do you choose?
Contemporary – at the moment I am finding contemporary more enjoyable than fantasy or any other genre.
6. Community Snob: Which genre do you think receives the most snobbery from the bookish community?
Maybe dystopian? I am not sure. I know there is a lot of discussion that young adult books aren’t real books and they don’t count as reading when you’re over a certain age, but I think that is ridiculous.
7. Snobbery Recipient: Have you ever been snubbed for something that you have been reading or for reading in general?
Touched on this in the last question. Yes. As I read a lot of young adult, I get snubbed for that. I always find myself having to defend why I read them, but I think if you enjoy reading something then you should be allowed to read and enjoy it without discussion.